Why is my Bitdefender scan taking a long time to finish scanning the PC? On rare occasions, Bitdefender won’t complete a System Scan. It is still running after 12 hours of elapsed time, while the scanned items are rising very slowly. A Quick Scan or Custom Scan completes successfully, but not a System Scan.
Why is my Bitdefender scan taking so long?
The speed of a System Scan depends on many factors such as system specifications, large volumes of data, the computer resources in use by another software, it’s the first scan since installing Bitdefender, and most importantly, the number of archives & over-compressed files/backups. With every system scan, Bitdefender will index the files that have already been scanned, and the scan time will greatly decrease.
How do I speed up a scan?
To speed up a System Scan, if system resources are not a concern, the following solution may be considered: run the scan in high priority mode. This will instruct Bitdefender to compete for system resources on equal terms to other programs and decrease the time needed for the scan process to finish.
1. Click the Protection menu on the left side of the Bitdefender interface.
2. In the Antivirus panel, click Open.
3. Click the ••• button next to System Scan, then choose Edit.
4. In the Manage Scans window, use the drop-down menu to change Scan task priority from Low to High.
5. Click Next, then click Save.
6. Press Run Scan and wait for the system scan to end.
After making the above changes, you should notice that the Bitdefender scan is no longer taking an unreasonable amount of time to finalize.