If you are noticing issues with Mozilla Firefox on your Windows computer, you might need to clear cache and cookies or reset this web browser to its default settings. In addition to fixing many page display problems and errors, resetting your web browser to its default settings may also help remove adware that manifests through annoying browser ads, intrusive pop-ups, browser redirects toolbars, or extensions installed without your knowledge.
The steps outlined below allow you to clear cached data, cookies, and browsing history in Firefox. Your bookmarks and passwords will not be deleted.
- Click the menu button ≡ in the upper right corner of Mozilla Firefox.
- Choose Library in the drop-down menu.
- In the Library panel, go to the History section.
- Click on Clear Recent History.
- In the drop-down menu, select Everything in Time range to clear.
- Tick all the checkboxes, then click the OK button.
After clearing browsing history, cache and cookies, check to see if the Mozilla Firefox browser works as expected on Windows.